Friday, May 7, 2010

Poll #5

OK, so far this blog is really falling short of its name. I have been interested in starting (and keeping) a blog going for years now (before "blog" was even a WORD). But I've always hesitated knowing I really don't have the time to regularly post anything. That was the exact reason I thought this survey-style blog would be a nice segue--I could just post up a random question and let you all make it interesting with your collective results! But now I find myself postponing my next question because I feel the need to spend time writing up some sort of closure on the last survey question before moving on to the next topic. Then at dinner last night, my dad gave the insightful suggestion that maybe I DON'T have to actually come up with anything at all except a next, new question! And you all would probably still be perfectly happy to enter in your results and see what random trends exist out there in this crazy world! So here goes with the next round and at least a good intentioned promise to keep this weekly survey blog true to it's name!

SO, with that explained, onward to survey question #5. My mom and I recently made a deal that we wouldn't talk on our cell phones while driving anymore. It hasn't been easy, but now I can spot swerving texters/talkers ahead of me on the road--it really does look a lot like drunk driving! (And we've both found ourselves with lots of extra minutes to spare now if anyone needs them!) Anyway, this poll is to help understand what other dangers exist out there on the road besides cell phone users. Please click your poll selection and if you have any ridiculous stories of things you've seen other drivers doing out on the road, leave us the details in a comment!

As always, thanks in advance for sharing your valued, random input!

2 comments:

  1. You don't have to tie your hands together to floss! That's what those little floss picks are for! I use them in the car all. the. time. Whenever I remember. But I don't remember every day, so I chose whenever I feel something in my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admittedly I wait for red lights and do some flossing. I can't BELIEVE you even thought to ask this--I thought it was my own little secret trick. I will say that I almost got run over by a guy writing a texting while pulling out onto Western Ave. the other day. I started walking backwards, and a friend of mine started yelling at the guy and slamming down on his roof to stop. Needless to say, the guy was in shock. I like the new law of no texting while driving...I think the day I was almost run over was when it was passed in MA. Great post, and I like how you teamed up with your Mom to make a pact! A lot of people say they have a hard time 'quitting'..maybe a promise is just the thing!

    ReplyDelete